The role of the OMG Producer is to oversee the lifecycle of all creative projects. The Producer is responsible for the overall quality control of video and photo productions. They will ensure the projects are completed on time, within budget, and to agreed artistic and technical standards.
This role requires a keen business sense, and vast knowledge of all aspects of video production and contract negotiation.
They will lead the production of a range of projects, including but not limited to; product videos, brand videos, training videos, informational and FAQ videos, commercials for Web and TV, photo shoots and digital marketing ad sets. Video/photo productions will be both in-studio and remote. The Producer will be responsible for crewing all productions.
Applicants must have hands-on experience video producing. Applicants have preferably worked for a number of years in any one of a variety of roles, such as director, video producer, video editor, etc.
The ideal candidate is comfortable turning ambiguity into clear action plans, a strong communicator, and a detail-oriented problem solver. This role requires quick decision making and the ability to pivot a production plan when business priorities change.
This is a full-time, in-person position located at our studio in North Phoenix, Arizona.
- Managing OMG internal (onsite) and external/offsite video and photo productions
- Work closely with other teams to facilitate the pre-production process from concepting, planning, production, and delivery
- Be the direct POC for OMG Clients throughout the production process
- Create and review production schedules, call sheets, shot lists, and budgets and ensure they are received by the appropriate party.
- Propose and Review casting and locations for projects with Creative Directors and Clients
- Create lookbooks and pitch decks for OMG clients
- Assist during shoots by managing talent and Clients (when applicable), script editing/supervision, Shot Lists, wardrobe, set planning, crafty, etc.
- Liaise with any contractors
- Facilitate logistics such as locking locations, ordering wardrobe for talent, set dec, props and crafty
- Build and maintain a database of viable shoot locations around Arizona
- Build and maintain a database of potential OMG talent – conduct monthly casting calls to ensure a deep talent pool
- Build and maintain a database of contractors (makeup, music, VO, etc.)
- Ensure all talent waivers, NDA’s, location waivers, permitting and legal requirements are satisfied for each production
- Build and send production details to all talent that identifies wardrobe, call time, location, pay, etc.
- Outline a long-term working timeline for each project
- Approving all decisions on sets, scheduling changes, etc. and ensuring all relevant parties are informed.
- Become a subject matter expert in firearms and the firearms industry
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (video production, film studies, communications)
- 1-2 years minimum experience as a creative producer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Detail oriented and organized, adaptable to tools and processes
- Proficiency in project management tools such as Monday.com, Slack, and G-Suite
- Directing experience preferred
- Experience casting and scheduling talent
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere/DaVinci Resolve preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes on tight timelines, and with multiple workstreams.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Experience in film, television
- Comfortable with delegation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Business mindset.
- Sales experience is a plus
- Role requires occasional travel
Location: On-site, OMG Studios, Phoenix, AZ
M-F 9am-5pm – Occasional nights and weekends depending on production schedule.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, 9 paid holidays per year, 3 weeks PTO
Pay: Salary – Based on experience